Here is a list that we’ve started to compile of all the flood relief efforts here in the Quad Cities. There are of course several businesses that are still open downtown Davenport where the levee broke so please keep in mind to still do what you can to support these establishments and surrounding areas that have been affected. We know our community is knit strong in times of need and know we will rise above the devastating flood waters.
(Please do not hesitate in reaching out to us for anything we should be adding to this post. Our goal is for this post to cover as much of what we can of everything thing that is going on to help in this time of need.)
Go Fund Me Flood Relief Pages:
Other ways to receive help (individuals):
–If you are unable to work due to the flood, you may be eligible to file for unemployment. For Unemployment Benefits, help can be found through Iowa Workforce Development. They are located at 902 West Kimberly Road in the Village Shopping Center. To file bring your direct deposit information and a valid ID. https://www.iowaworkforcedevelopment.gov/
–The American Red Cross in the Quad Cities has opened shelters in Iowa and Illinois for those directly impacted by rising flood waters. Residents affected by the flooding, flood-related issues or are unable to safely access their homes are encouraged to go to a shelter. Be sure to bring any needed medications, clothing, personal hygiene items, and medical devices. The shelters are located:
Lincoln Fundamental School
318 East 7th Street
Please use the 8th Street & Iowa entrance.
Bethel Wesley United Methodist Church
1201 13th Street
Please use the back entrance.
Staffing for both shelters is provided by Red Cross volunteers who will be on-site while it is available. Cots, blankets and meals for shelter residents are provided.
Red Cross opens flood shelters: Red Cross in the Quad Cities has opened shelters in Iowa and Illinois for those impacted. Find that link here.
Other ways to receive help (businesses):
–Businesses in Scott County that need volunteer help can call the Scott County Emergency Management Agency at 563-484-3098 between 9a-5p. For more info, follow this link: https://www.scottcountyiowa.com/ema</a
–Downtown Davenport businesses who need sand bags can contact Davenport Public Works at 563-326-7923.
Other way to provide help:
–The Scott County Emergency Management Agency is looking for volunteers. Call 563-484-3086 between 9a-5p. Skills will be matched with needed assistance. For more info, follow this link: https://www.scottcountyiowa.com/ema
–The Salvation Army is accepting donations. Here’s what they are looking for:
- Non-perishable food / packaged snacks
- Gatorade / Powerade
- New blankets
- New pillows
- Towels / Wash cloths
- Comfort kit items: Shampoo, razor, toothpaste, toothbrush, bar soap, deodorant
Donations are being accepted between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Thursday, May 2 and Friday, May 3 at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds. Items can be dropped off at the Belgian Boulevard entrance, Building #6/7
—Volunteering: What you need to know if you want to help those affected by the flooding. Find that link here.
–Very Help List of Resources: https://quadcitieschamber.com/posts/2019/05/02/flood-resources
Helpful Pages, Posts and Resources to Follow:
Quad Cities Flood Resiliency Alliance – http://www.riveraction.org/QCFRA
Downtown Davenport has compiled a list to their website and is a great resource of information.
They have been wonderful to be ontop of getting this information together through this expremely busy time for everyone involved with mananging downtown.
Open Businesses in Downtown Davenport
April 30th, 2019
Per the City of Davenport, two hour on-street parking, River Center and Harrison Street parking ramps are not going to be enforced until 8 a.m. Wednesday, May 8.
If visiting downtown, please be aware and be safe. Obey all detours and road closed signs. Avoid entering the floodwaters.
With the rising waters, many of our downtown Davenport businesses are closing temporarily. It’s important that Quad Citizens and visitors continue to patronize our downtown. To make it easy we wanted to take the guessing game out of possible store or restaurant closings and provide you an accurate listing of open businesses. Showing your support for independent local businesses will help them get through this rough spring season after a harsh winter. Your dollars make an impact locally!
We will be continually updating this list, if you need to update your listing please email [email protected].
Please check out there post for further updates found here: https://www.downtowndavenport.com/culture/open-businesses-downtown-davenport
Here is current list of temporarily closed businesses in Downtown Davenport (as of 5/02/19):
Please with the businesses listed below make sure to follow them on their social media to keep up todate in their progress and to show some support!
- Abernathy’s – 315 E. 2nd St
- Antonella’s Pizzeria II – 421 W River Dr.
- Bad Boy’z RME – 131 W.2nd St.
- Barrel House 211 – 211 E. 2nd St.
- Bix Society & Museum – 129 North Main St.
- Bootleg Hill Honey Meads – 321 E 2nd St.
- Bucktown Center for the Arts & Artist Market – 225 E. 2nd St
- Cinnamon-N-Sage Healthy Cafe – 1115 W 2nd St Suite D
- Crafted QC – 217 E. 2nd St
- Dress for Success Quad Cities – 311 E 2nd St
- Dam View Inn – 410 E. 2nd St.
- EXIT Realty Fireside – 221 E 2nd St.
- Freight House Farmers’ Market – 421 W. River Drive (Sunday’s Market has been moved to County Admin Building, 600 W 4th St. on Saturday 8-1 and Sunday 10-2 )
- Fresh Deli by Nostalgia Farms – 421 W. River Drive
- Front Street Brewery – 208 E. River Drive
- Front Street Brewery Taproom – 421 W. River Drive
- Great River Brewery – 332 E. 2nd St.
- Major Art & Hobby Center – 201 E. 2nd St.
- Ragged Records – 418 E. 2nd St.
- TAG Communications – 230 E 2nd St.
- Trash Can Annie Vintage Clothing 418 E. 2nd St
- The Diner – 421 W. River Drive
- The Half Nelson – 321 E 2nd St. (Slated to open week of 4/29/19)
- La Flama Mexican Restaurant – (Food truck at the K&K in Bettendorf)
- Lamrim Kadampa Buddhist Center – 301 E. 2nd St.
- LoPiez – 429 E 3rd St. (Slated to open week of 4/29/19)
- Nally’s Kitchen – 1622 Rockingham Rd
- Paradigm – 320 East 2nd Street
- The Phoenix of Davenport – 111 W. 2nd St.
- Polished Hair Lounge QC – 735 Federal St Suite 102
- QC Co-Lab – 627 W 2nd St
- Roam – 210 E River Dr.
- Rubys – Beers, Bikes, Brats – 429 E 3rd St.
- Streets of Italy – Next to GRB – 322 E 2nd St.
Currently open services (as of 5/02/19):
- Adler Theater – 136 E 3rd St
- Davenport Public Library – 321 Main Street
- Figge Art Museum – 225 W 2nd St
- German Heritage Center Museum – 712 W 2nd St
- Infinity Salon & Day Spa – 220 W 3rd St
- River Music Experience – 129 North Main
- Scott County YMCA – 606 W 2nd St
- US Bank – 201 W 2nd St Ste 100
- The Vault – 229 Brady Street
Currently open retail businesses (as of 5/02/19):
- Blush Dress Shoppe – 320 Main St
- Figge Art Museum Gift Shop – 225 W. 2nd St
- Full Kit – 312 N. Main St.
- German American Heritage Center & Museum – 712 W. 2nd St
- Neat Stuff – 320 Brady St
- Riverbend Retro – 520 W. 2nd St
- SiS International Shop – Fair Trade – 108 E. 2nd St
- Source Book Store – 232 W. 3rd St
- Star Dog Gallery – 114 W. 3rd St
- Urban Farmhouse – 224 West 3rd St
- What A Gem Davenport – 218 W. 3rd St
Currently open restaurants/bars/coffee shops (as of 5/02/19):
- Antonella’s Restaurant – 112 W 3rd St.
- Analog Arcade Bar – 302 Brady St.
- Armored Gardens – 315 Pershing
- Rise Neighborhood Cafè – 200 E. 3rd St.
- Bix Bistro – 200 E. 3rd Street
- Blackhawk Bowl & Martini Lounge – 200 E. 3rd St.
- Boozies Bar & Grill – 114 1/2 W. 3rd St.
- The Breakroom / The Office Bar & Lounge -116 W 3rd St.
- Cafe d’Marie, Davenport – 614 W. 5th St.
- Café One Eleven at the Radisson Quad City Plaza -111 E. 2nd St.
- Carriage Haus -312 W. 3rd St.
- Chocolate Manor – 110 E. 2nd St.
- Coffee Envie – 101 W 3rd St.
- Cru – 221 Brady St.
- Downtown Deli – Davenport – 330 N. Main St.
- Duck City Bistro – 115 E. 3rd St.
- Endless Brews – 310 Main St.
- Figge Art Museum Gift Shop – 225 W. 2nd St.
- Gateway Pub -702 W. 3rd St.
- Kilkenny’s Pub / Limericks – 300 W. 3rd St.
- Macstavern Davenport – 316 W. Third
- Mantra Indian Cuisine & Spirits – 220 N. Harrison St.
- Me & Billy – 200 W. 3rd St.
- Oh So Sweet by Tiphanie – 314 N. Main St.
- RAW -136 E 3rd Street
- Redband Coffee Company – 329 E. 4th St.
- Soi 3 – 102 E 3rd St.
- Stardust – 218 Iowa St.
- Shenanigan’s Irish Pub – 303 W 3rd St
- Sippis American Grill & Craft Beer – 406 W. 2nd St.
- Triple Crown Whiskey Bar & Raccoon Motel – 304 E 3rd St
- UP Skybar – 215 N. Main St.
- Viva Restaurant – 215 N. Main St.
- Van’s Pizza, Pub & Grill – Downtown Davenport – 217 Brady St.
- Woodfire Grill – 131 W. 2nd St.
- The Key at Union Arcade – 229 Brady St.
Flood Fest: A Benefit Concert
We also have come up with our own efforts of helping in raising funds for the cause. We continue to pray for our locals and all those that have been affected by the rising waters. Our heart and mind is with you Quad Cities!